PAST & CURRENT TOPICS
I write, speak and mentor based on personal experience. Anecdotes from my life, my own mistakes, fears, accomplishments and goals color my style – but having had the privilege of many intimate professional relationships, I have a bird's eye view on the general challenges facing a creative workforce today. Framing these in an approachable, down-to-earth manner, I can relate to the audience and offer concrete professional advice on:
Entrepreneurship for Creatives:
- Freelancing vs small business entrepreneurship
- Creative second, business first.
- Avoiding the common pitfalls and mistakes
- What happens to your life when you own a business?
- Working with others: from partners to sub-contractors
- Clients, networking and the art of selling
KEYNOTES AND WORKSHOPs:
- Effective visual communication
- Building the career you want
- Advocating for your success
- Career decisions at every level
- Working with others: from colleagues to vendors to bosses
General Career Development:
- Best practices for creatives at any level
- Advancing your career, maintaining your personality
- Off the beaten path to your success
- Getting started is hard – and, it should be!
The Myth of Life/Work BalancE:
- The art of actually taking vacation time
- Don't let listicles get in the way of actually getting things done
- Why the first step to feeling "balanced" is in your definition
Cutter Connections Bi-Annual Mentorship: For Women, By Women, Versus, NYC (2017)
Discussion Leader (w/Kevin Aratari of Troika)
"Does Size Matter? Growth takes on many forms besides scale."
PromaxBDA 2017: Creative Entrepreneurs, Los Angeles, CA (2017)
"Video: Creativity in Real Time Panel, with The Players' Tribune, The New York Jets and Undefined Creative"
Photoshelter/Libris Live, NYC
"The Entrepreneurial Mindset/Thrive Your Own Way: The importance of forging real relationships and redefining growth."
CoreConnect Conference, Little Rock, AR (2017)
Speaker & Workshop Leader
"Stop Apologizing for Wanting Work/Life Balance"
AWNY/She Runs It: "Renew, Recharge, Regroup" Bootcamp, NYC (2017)
"Serving Multiple Screens: Graphics for Mobile and Streaming"
SVG Sports Graphics Forum, NYC (2017)
Breakout Discussion Leader:
"Are You a Freelancer? Or an Entrepreneur?"
Women Of New York: Keynotes & Cocktails Series, NYC (2016)
"Evaluating Graphics 2D & 3D Production Pipelines: Creativity and Efficiency"
SVG Sports Graphics Forum, NYC (2016)
Speaker & Panelist
Original Presentation: "Designing Your Life"
Motion Conference, Albuquerque, NM (2014)
Career & Professional Development Roundtable
Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, NY 2014
"Fast and Furious: Cutting Sports Television" with Brad Buckwalter, Colin Beattie, Phil Parrish & Christian Winters
Manhattan Edit Workshop: "Sight, Sound & Story", NYC (2014)
"Keeping Current: Graphics Design Tools and Trends for 2014"
Sports Video Group (SVG) Summit, NYC (2013)
Speaker & Panelist
Original Presentation: "What To Do After Success"
Motion Conference, Albuquerque, NM (2013)
Professional Volunteering Seminar
Catchafire, NYC (2011)